Friday, February 10, 2006

Public Administration and Business Adminstration


For anybody, who can not tell the difference between "Public Administration" and "Business Administration", Don't feel bad! You'll never walk alone. There might be someone on this biased planet that might not be able to understand at all, even though the gurus already gave him the definition.

As I wrote roughly about what public administration is in the old blog, I would define my own definition of the goal of Public Administration as "... To organize and manage all resources; human capital, budget, time, and so on, more efficient and response to citizen's needs under the nation's constitution..", while the definition of Business Administration as "...To organize and manage all resources; human capital, budget, time, and so on, more efficient and response to the owner's needs in order to maximize company profits..."

I'm just telling you my own definition of those two fields (it may not be the same definition in traditional textbooks), in which, you might see that they have the same endownments,but it has totally different method how to utilize resources to complete the goal in the organization.

Let me show you something about what I'm interested in this topic. As a businessman, if I were the owner of the million-dollar business, I would love to see a very huge/gigantic profit margin at the end of this year. Moreover, I will hire employees whoever possess a high capability, while i will oust somebody that I think is useless out of the office anytime.

On the other hand, if i were a head of bureaucratic agency (e.g. in Iconoclastland), I can't not do the job under the business hat anymore. Why? The answer is simple. I have no customers in this situation but I do have clients who are citizens and/or voters. So if there is no customers, should I continue to focus my own goal on profit maximization? It makes no sense! In fact, I have to take off my business cap and put on a public service hat instead. Moreover, changing the outfits is a necessary condition but not a sufficient condition (it sounds familiar ner). I have to equip myself with public service mind. Yes!

It is very important for me (at least) to conform my idea toward to the public organization atmosphere, otherwise I will keep looking how to take advantage of being a bureaucrat and absorb economic rent from policy making power ,that i possess, to seek the way how to make myself affluent as Toxin is doing now.

Our citizens' tax money will use for my own sake not for the good of the wealth of the nation, which is very unethical action. It is very dangerous state if you allow me, who is full of business mind, to govern Iconoclastland (for another election term). I know it's hard to prove that I'm wrongly doing or not, since I might raise the issue that my action is supported by 19-million voters. And I will insist this rights to reign my Iconoclastland.

Question? Will you express your idea/feeling/thought toward my action if you see my vicious will? or you will let it be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home